call us now.
0427 577 783
Spring has sprung!
Here are PAM’s Top 5 spring-cleaning jobs to do around your home now that we’ve hit the magical month of September and said goodbye to winter:
1. Give your windows a good clean.
Using warm water and a mild dishwashing liquid scrub your window screens with a brush and then rinse thoroughly. Wipe windows down with your favorite window cleaner, replace screens and enjoy the spring sun streaming through those beautiful clean windows!
Remove that layer of winter dust from bookshelves and cabinets. Make sure you remove as much as you can from the shelves before you start to really get right into the corners and get rid of all that unwanted dust. Removing dust will also help with reducing the hay fever and dust mite allergies that tend to flare up in spring.
3. Flip and turn your mattress
Make sure you regularly rotate and flip your mattress. Not only will this distribute the wear evenly and prolong the life of your mattress, but it will also aid in minimising the impact of dust mites.
4. Clean out your closet
Rotate your heavy winter clothes to the back of your closet to make room at the front for the light, airy pieces perfect for spring and summer. Vacuum packing your winter items is an excellent way to create space and help avoid that musty storage smell that can accumulate in your winter clothes after a long winter in the back of the closet.
Scrub your decks, patios, driveways and walkways to prepare for summer entertaining. Treat mildew spots with a solution of one part oxygen bleach to three parts water using a deck brush. Clean and de-cobweb your outdoor furniture to prepare for those warm summer nights and alfresco dining.
(The inspiration for this list was taken from Martha Stewart)
Vinegar and baking soda
Vinegar, while not registered as a disinfectant, will kill both salmonella and E.coli - two nasty bacteria you’ll want to avoid in your kitchen. Baking soda has odour-absorbing properties and is capable of removing tough stains because of its abrasiveness. Here at PAM we love both vinegar and baking soda separately, and together as a super cleaning combo. Here are some ideas for how to use these ingredients:
* Clean your coffee machine. Run the machine with equal parts water and vinegar. Halfway through the cycle, turn it off and let it sit for an hour, then complete the cycle. You can also boil equal parts vinegar and water in your kettle, then let sit for an hour or two, to remove lime stains.
* Unclog a drain. Pour a mixture of half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of baking soda down the drain, and then rinse with water
* Clean your microwave. Put one cup of vinegar and one cup of water together in a bowl and microwave on high for a few minutes. This will make any hard-to-remove food stains easy to wipe away.
PROVIDE ANOTHER MOTHER
0427 577 783
ABN 49 191 184 809